Each airport offers unique amenities, including accessibility for guests with disabilities. This webpage highlights our accessibility-related services so passengers can plan and prepare for a positive airport experience.
Comments or concerns regarding ADA and airport accessibility should be directed to Anthony Brown for Houston Airports.
Mail: Houston Airports – Attention: Anthony Brown, 16930 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Houston, TX 77032
Need to make a Request for Reasonable Accommodation? Fill out the Reasonable Accommodation Form
Learn More | Houston Airports ADA Policy and Grievance Procedure
Learn More | City of Houston’s ADA Policy and Grievance Procedure
ASL Interpretation is available located throughout the airport through the LanguageLine service. Access is available at designated customer service representative booths within the terminal.
Aira subscribers have free access to Aira services while visiting George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). For information about Aira, visit the following link: Visual Interpreting – Get Live, On-demand Access to Visual Information (aira.io).
All five terminals at Bush Airport are connected by a pre-security, underground Subway train and a post-security, above-ground Skyway automated people-mover train. Both trains are wheelchair accessible. To learn more about each inter-terminal transportation system, visit the following link: https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/interterminal-transportation
Hobby Airport operates fully within a single terminal and does not require inter-terminal transportation.
Accessible parking spaces are available on all levels of terminal parking garages and all ecopark facilities. Ecopark shuttles can accommodate wheelchairs. To learn more about accessible parking and shuttle services, airport guests should call (281) 233-1786.
Airport restrooms are wheelchair accessible. Houston Airports also offers Family Restrooms inside all terminals. Family Restrooms can accommodate companion care
Companion Care restrooms are available at Hobby Airport (HOU).
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has established TSA Cares to provide additional assistance during the security screening process to travelers with disabilities, medical conditions, and other special circumstances. Contact TSA Cares at least 72 hours prior to traveling with questions about screening policies and procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint. Contact information and call-in hours for TSA Cares can be found at this link: https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/cares
Service animals are welcomed at the airport. Service Animal Relief Areas (SARA) are provided in the sterile area of the terminals. To protect working animals and their handlers, all pets and emotional support animals must be crated at all times while within the terminal. Pets and emotional support animals may use the SARA.
Service animal relief areas can be found at the following locations:
- Terminal A, inside (post-security), near Gate A12
- Terminal B, inside (post-security), near Gate B1, across from The Fruteria
- Terminal C, inside (post-security), across from Gate C2
- Terminal D, inside (post-security), across from Gate D6 - Currently closed for renovations. The nearest animal service relief area is by Gate E12.
- Terminal E, inside (post-security), across from Gate E12
- Curbside Level 1 Arrivasl (pre-security)
- Central Concourse Level 2 (post-security), across from Gate 21
The Sunflower Layard is an awareness program that encourages customers with non-visible disabilities to discretely notify staff. Our staff members are trained to assist customers with disabilities. To request a Sunflower Lanyard, please complete the form at the following link: HAS Request for Reasonable Accommodation and/or send a request to HAS_Accessibility@houstontx.gov.
- METRO buses are accessible. Please click the following link: http://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/Accessibility.aspx for complete information. Airport-specific METRO bus information can be found at the following link https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/shuttles-buses/
- Taxis are required to be accessible. Please click the following link: https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/taxis-ride-apps for airport taxi information.