From qualifying for application reimbursement to taking advantage of a new mobile application process, Houston Airports is sharing vital information from its federal agency partners to make travel safer and more efficient.
- About 99% of TSA PreCheck passengers wait less than 10 minutes to be screened.
- Children 17 and under can join an adult with TSA PreCheck when TSA PreCheck appears on the child's boarding pass.
- More than 200 airports and more than 90 airlines provide TSA PreCheck.
- Passengers can receive their Known Travel Number within 5 days of completing the application process.
To enroll in TSA PreCheck just follow these three steps or walk into any enrollment location. Be sure the enrollment provider selected has enrollment locations near you. To renew simply click here and complete your renewal online in as little as 5 minutes.
- APPLY ONLINE | Select an enrollment provider with enrollment locations near you. Submit your TSA PreCheck application online in as little as 5 minutes.
- VISIT AN ENROLLMENT LOCATION | Attend a 10-minute appointment at your chosen provider that includes fingerprinting, document and photo capture, and payment.
- GET YOUR TSA PRECHECK NUMBER | Once approved, get your Known Traveler Number (KTN), add it to your airline reservations and start saving time in screening.
For Credit Cards featuring discounts click here.
CBP Global Entry
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States by accessing the Global Entry processing technology at selected airports.
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
International travel is now even easier for those with Global Entry. On September 19, 2023, the Global Entry Mobile app became available, allowing Global Entry members to submit their travel documents and photos through a free, secure app on their mobile devices. Instead of visiting a Global Entry kiosk, qualified travelers can use the app to take care of arrival procedures on their phones, reducing wait times and accelerating the process. Global Entry Mobile is now available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. It can be used at the following airports: SEA in Seattle, LAX in Los Angeles, MIA in Miami, MCO in Orlando, IAD in Washington D.C., PIT in Pittsburgh, and IAH in Houston.
To use the Global Entry Mobile App, travelers enrolled in Global Entry may take a photo as a “selfie,” which will be compared to a photo gallery to verify their identity through facial biometrics. After the photo has been submitted, the travelers will receive a receipt on the app. Once travelers arrive at the primary inspection area, they can bypass the Global Entry portals and go directly to the CBP officers to efficiently process their entry into the United States by showing their mobile receipt. The app is free and will be available for download from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store beginning on Sept. 19, 2023.
All applicants undergo rigorous and recurring background checks and an in-person interview before initial enrollment. To maintain Global Entry members as low-risk travelers, any violation of the program’s terms and conditions will result in appropriate enforcement action and termination of the traveler’s membership privileges.