It happens, when traveling, passengers are often in a hurry and something gets left behind or lost.
Depending on where the item was lost, there are different contact details. Please see below to determine the correct party (airline, TSA, airport, etc.) to contact about locating the lost item.
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays)
- Phone: 1-833-253-2940
- Located on the Arrivals Level (Lower Level) in Terminal E
- Found items are held for 30 days after which time they are salvaged.
IAH TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (TSA)
Items lost at the security checkpoint are held by the TSA: 1-281-443-5301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IAH U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP)
All passports found are turned over to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection within five (5) business days. Please contact IAH CBP at 1-281-230-4672.
IAH RENTAL CARS
For items left on Car Rental Shuttle Buses, please contact First Transit at 1-281-233-1013 or email email@example.com.
- Open Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Phone: 1-833-274-7020
- Located on Level 1, next to American Airlines Baggage Office on the east side of baggage claim
- Report a lost item left at the airport here.
HOBBY TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (TSA)
- For items lost at the security checkpoint, please contact TSA at 1-713-454-6933 or by email: TSAHobbyLF@tsa.dhs.gov
- TSA Lost & Found Office is open daily, 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and is located on Level 1, near the HPD and Airport Operations Offices on the east side of baggage claim
U.S. CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP)
All passports found are held for thirty (30) days in HOU Lost & Found office (1-281-233-9373), and then turned over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Please contact CBP at 1-713-640-7729 or 1-713-640-7730.
For items left in rental cars, please contact the rental car company.
Items lost while in flight are held by the airline.