Houston Airports launched www.fly2houston.com/covid-19 to keep passengers up to date on this ever-changing new normal. Here is the latest information passengers need to know:
New Orleans, LA, is now excluded from Executive Order GA-20
In compliance with the State of Texas Executive Order GA-20, the mandatory 14-day quarantine requirement for people traveling to Houston from the City of New Orleans or the State of Louisiana has been terminated by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.
Restrictions remain in place for people who enter Texas as their final destination through an airport from the following:
State of California
State of Connecticut
State of New York
State of New Jersey
State of Washington
City of Atlanta, Georgia
City of Chicago, Illinois
City of Detroit, Michigan
City of Miami, Florida
The Executive Order is enforced by the Texas Department of Public Safety at George Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby airports. Read the Executive Order here.
Face Coverings at Houston Airports are Encouraged
In compliance with Harris County’s amended order for the use of face coverings, all persons over the age of 10 are encouraged to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth. The face covering may, for example, be a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, handkerchief or other mask. Read the full details of Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s order here.
Social Distancing at Houston Airports
Strict social distancing guidelines are implemented at all Houston Airports. Limiting face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of coronavirus disease. Please stay at least 6 feet apart from other people — at all times — while in the airport.
TSA Security Checkpoints Hours at IAH
Effective 4/2/2020, TSA Checkpoints at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) will be operational during the following hours:
Terminal A South checkpoint will be operational from 3:45 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CST). The exit lane will remain staffed 24 hours a day. The two Terminal A TSA checkpoints at IAH are consolidated to the South location. There will be one standard lane for security screening, one PreCheck lane and one airline employee-dedicated lane (KCM).
Terminal C North checkpoint will be operational from 4 a.m. until 10 p.m. (CST). The exit lane will remain staffed 24 hours a day.
Terminal E checkpoint is closed. The exit lane will remain staffed 24 hours a day.
HAS strongly encourages the public to follow the preventative messages advocated by the CDC, such as thorough and frequent hand washing, avoiding contact with anyone who is sick and covering the nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
Our specific cleaning protocols include:
- We have more than doubled our cleaning and disinfecting efforts at all terminals.
- There is ongoing cleaning and disinfecting of all touchpoints in restrooms, using a CDC-recommended and EPA-approved cleaning agent.
- Hand sanitizer (62% alcohol) stations are available and monitored and refilled on an ongoing basis.
- Airline gate areas are cleaned after the last flight, as well as routinely throughout the day.
- Cleaning staff wear disposable medical gloves.
- Contractors working as wheelchair attendants have been provided disinfectant spray to sanitize the wheelchairs touchpoints throughout the day. At night they spray and wipe down the entire chair so it is ready for use the next day.
- All heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) filters at IAH and HOU are replaced at least once a month.
Houston Airports was recently featured on KHOU TV, view the coverage here.