The Houston Airport System is committed to providing an outstanding experience to travelers with disabilities. This page highlights accessibility related services and facility information that we hope is helpful to travel planning.
IAH offers Aira subscribers free access to Aira services while traveling through this airport.
Both the pre-security below-ground Subway train and the post-security above-ground Skyway Automated People-Mover are wheelchair accessible. Additional information about both train systems can be found here.
Accessible parking spaces are located on all levels at all airport-owned parking garages as well as at ecopark and ecopark2. Shuttles from ecopark locations to the airport that accommodate wheelchairs are available. Customers may call 1-281-233-1786 to inquire about accessible parking and shuttle service.
Airport restrooms are wheelchair accessible, and family restrooms that accommodate companion care are located throughout the airport.
The Transportation Security Administration has established TSA Cares to provide additional assistance during the security screening process to travelers with disabilities, medical conditions, and other special circumstances. Contact TSA Cares at least 72 hours prior to traveling with questions about screening policies and procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint. Contact information and call-in hours for TSA Cares can be found here.
Service animals are welcome at the airport. Service animal relief areas can be found at the following locations:
- Terminal A, west side near Hotel Shuttles and Parking Shuttles pick-up
- Terminal B, south side near Limousines pick-up
- Terminal C, inside (post-security), across from Gate C2
- Terminal D, inside (post-security), across from Gate D6
- Terminal D, southwest and southeast of terminal entrance
- Terminal E, northwest and northeast of terminal (shared with Terminal D)
A map of the locations can be found here.
- METRO buses are accessible. Please click here for complete information. Airport-specific METRO bus information can be found here.
- SuperShuttle shared ride vans also are accessible. Please click here for airport SuperShuttle information.
- Taxis are required to be accessible. Please click here for airport taxi information.
TTY telephones are located throughout the airport. The phones are designated with the TTY symbol and may be found next to the pay telephones.
Wheelchair service is provided by airlines for passengers and should be requested when booking travel. Airline special assistance pages can be found for each airline here.