HOUSTON — The diversity and quality of choices for travelers coming to the airports in Houston have again been recognized and nominated in a number of categories for the USA Today 10Best Readers' Choice travel award contest.
Nominees for all categories were chosen by a panel of experts which include a combination of editors from USA Today and 10Best.com, as well as expert contributors. Airport Revenue News worked with industry experts to vet and nominate 15 finalists in each category, and USA Today 10Best readers have until noon Feb. 13, 2017, to vote daily for their favorites. Each person participating can vote for each category once every 24 hours until the voting deadline passes.
The categories that include restaurants and shopping at George Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby airports are:
- Best Airport for Dining: Bush Airport has plenty of Texas-based chain restaurants such as Whataburger and Bullritos among the tenant roster. Beyond that are Houston chef Bryan Caswell's 3rd Bar Eating House, French bistro wine bar Le Grand Comptoir and a tiny street food-focused restaurant called Urban Crave. Like all good hub airports, it features a mix of fast casual and high-end dining choices. To vote, go to this link.
- Best Airport Sitdown Dining: Hubcap Grill in Terminal A at Bush Airport serves some of Houston's favorite burgers and hand-spun boozy milkshakes. The restaurant also has local and national beers on tap and a full bar. To vote, go to this link.
- Best Airport Local/Regional Dining: Both Pappasito's Cantina and Pink’s Pizza at Bush Airport offer a great taste of Houston-centric foods. Pappasito’s Cantina offers a variety of Tex-Mex dishes with plenty of options for beverages including beer and margaritas. Pink's Pizza is a local Houston favorite, featuring all manner of pizzas by the slice, craft beers and a full bar. To vote for Pappasito’s, go to this link. To vote for Pink’s Pizza, go to this link.
- Best Airport Bar: Both Bush and Hobby have a nominee in this category. At Bush Airport, Le Grand Comptoir offers an extensive wine list alongside a menu of international bistro-style dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Hobby Airport, Pappasito's Cantina is famous for its margaritas, hand-crafted cocktails and sizable tequila list. To vote for Le Grand Comptoir, go to this link. To vote for Pappasito's Cantina, go to this link.
- Best airport newsstand/travel essentials: Located in Terminal A at Bush Airport, Texas Monthly News stocks a wide selection of local, regional, national and international newspapers, as well as magazines, travel accessories and essentials. To vote for Texas Monthly News, go to this link.
All the categories and nominations can be seen at this link.
Last year, Ruby’s Diner at Bush Airport finished first in the polling for the “Best Airport Sitdown Dining” category in the poll, and Bush Airport finished sixth in the voting for “Best Airport for Dining” overall.
Houston Airports encourages members of the community to vote daily and support the airports.