Welcome to Houston for Super Bowl LI! If you're flying through for the big game, or here to join in on the fun all around Houston, we hope your experience is wonderful from touch down to touchdown.
Travel Notice: Monday, February 6 is expected to be very busy at IAH. Follow the 5-4-3-2-1 game plan (PDF) for your departure.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport is located 22 miles north of downtown Houston, near the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8 North) between Interstate 45 and Interstate 69/U.S. Highway 59 with direct access to the Hardy Toll Road expressway.
Super Bowl game programs can set off luggage screening sensors. Please carry with you to TSA checkpoint and place in plastic bin.
United ticket counters will remain open from Sunday evening, February 5 through Monday night, February 6 in the following terminals:
- Terminal B
- Terminal C
- Terminal E
The United Club in Terminal E will be open for members for 24 hours from Sunday until normal closing time on Monday night.
Alternate Check-in Location for United Passengers
In addition to the United ticket counters in Terminals B, C and E, United passengers may check bags in Baggage Claim in Terminals B and C on Monday, February 6 from 2:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For airline locations and contact information, click here.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) operates eight security checkpoints at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). The following security checkpoints will remain open continually from Sunday until normal closing times on Monday night:
Terminal A South
Terminal C South
For additional security checkpoint information, click here.
The following restaurants will be open 24 hours from Sunday until normal closing times on Monday night:
- Hubcap Grill - Gate A26
- Starbucks - Ticket Lobby
- Starbucks – Food Court, Gates A1-A15 and Gates A17-A30
- Wendy’s – Food Court, Gates A17-A30
- 3rd Bar Eating House – Gates B1-B31
- Bullrito’s – Gates B1-B31
- Jason’s Deli – Gates B1-B31
- Panda Express – Gates B1-B31
- Starbucks – Gates B1-B31
- Tagliare – Gates B1-B31
- Center Bar – Gate C43
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – Gate C42
- La Salsa – Gate C42
- Landry’s – Gate C42
- Le Grand Comptoir – Gate C33
- Pink’s Pizza – Gate C43
- Starbucks – Gate C14
- Subway – Gate C23
- Umaizushi – Gate C45
- Wendy’s – Gate C42
- Ciao Gourmet Market – Gate D8
- Starbucks – Ticket Lobby
- Auntie Anne’s – Gate E12
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Gate E11
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – Food Court, Gate E1
- Le Grand Comptoir – Gate E19
- Nature’s Kitchen – Gate E24
- Panda Express – Food Court, Gate E1
- Starbucks – Gates E2 and E24
- Tagliare – Food Court, Gate E1
- The Market – Food Court, Gate E1
- Urban Crave – Gate E6
- Wendy’s – Gate E24
- Yogen Fruz – Food Court, Gate E1
For more information on IAH restaurants, please click here.
The following shops will be open 24 hours from Sunday until normal closing times on Monday night:
- Culture Map – Ticket Lobby
- Texas Monthly News – Food Court, Gates A17-A30
- CIBO Express Gourmet Market – Gates B1-B31
- Relay – Gates B1-B31
- Wall Street Journal – Post-Security
- Bayou City Travelmart – Gate C23
- CNBC Smartshop – Gate C34
- Texas Monthly News – Post-Security
- CIBO Express Gourmet Market – Gates E5, 10, 11, 18, 21 & 24
Several pop-up stores will offer NFL merchandise from January 27 to February 10.
NFL Pop-up Store Locations:
· Terminal A
o Baggage Claim
o Gate A1
o Gate A7
o Gates A17-A30
· Terminal B
o Baggage Claim
o Ticketing Lobby
o Gates B1-B11 (open Feb. 1 – Feb. 6)
o Gates B21-B31 (open Feb. 1 – Feb. 6)
· Terminal C
o Gate C23
· Terminal D
o Gate D8
· Terminal E (open Feb. 1 – Feb. 6)
o Gate E3
o Near Gate E4
o Near Gate E10
o Near Gate E11
· Rental Car Facility
For more information on IAH shops, click here.
The Houston Airport System is committed to providing an outstanding experience to travelers with disabilities. This page highlights accessibility related services and facility information that we hope is helpful to travel planning.
Baggage check is offered by our partner airlines. If you have a checked bag, visit our baggage claim page to locate your baggage claim area.
IAH offers four Visitor Information Centers.
- Terminal A, baggage claim
- Terminal C, baggage claim
- Terminals D/E, International Arrivals Hall
- Terminal E, in hallway immediately past security checkpoint
Each terminal (including the parking garages) at IAH features Free Airport Wi-Fi.
1. Click the Wi-Fi icon on your device.
2. Select "Free Airport WIFI" from the list of SSID network options.
3. The Airport's Wi-Fi splash page will open automatically.
4. Agree to the terms and click “submit.”
5. You are now connected.
Wi-Fi help desk: 1-844-310-9990
For more information on Super Bowl LI and its related local events, please visit housuperbowl.com.