IAH: 17650 Chanute Road (Hangar W720)
Corporate/Private Aviation Hangar
An opportunity is available to lease a corporate/private aviation hangar located at 17650 Chanute Road, Houston, TX 77032 at George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston (IAH).
DESCRIPTION OF PREMISES
- Leased Premises – Approximately 216,730 square feet (4.975 acres) of land with improvements.
- Building – Approximately 31,000 square feet of usable area, including an approximately 8600 sq. ft. 1st level shop/office area and an approximately 6500 sq. ft. of partially finished mezzanine level storage/office area.
- Open Hangar Area – Approximately 17,040 square feet.
- Hangar Door Height – Approximately 26 feet.
- Additional Features Include: Approximately 42,300 square feet of concrete aircraft ramp, one two-ton bridge crane, covered parking, automatic access gates, and large sliding doors.
Property Ownership: The land and the improvements are owned by the City of Houston, a tax-exempt entity.
Use: Corporate Aviation Operation. The City of Houston will entertain other general aviation uses for the facility.
Site Location: The premises are located off Chanute Road, north of Rankin Road, and approximately 15 miles north of Houston's central business district. The premises have direct access to George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston Taxiway W/C.
Fueling Options: The underground storage tanks have been removed. Lessee can purchase fuel from one of IAH’s two Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) or can install above ground storage tanks for self-fueling purposes.
General Lease Terms: Triple net lease. The City is open to discussing various lengths of lease term, which are in part dependent upon lessee’s proposed capital improvement investment in the leased premises. City of Houston insurance requirements vary depending on the hangar's use and will be provided upon request.
For a lease premises drawing of 17650 Chanute Rd, click here.