Some dread navigating airports with children, especially during busy travel periods like Spring Break. Dread no more! Houston Airports has released helpful tips to make the journey easier.
The Day Before
- Check-in online. Specific airline website information can be found here for Bush or Hobby. Print boarding passes, or save them on a smart device, or directly to the airline’s app, or to a third party app like Apple or Samsung Wallet.
- Create a shortcut to www.fly2houston.com from a phone or smart device by creating a bookmark. Thereafter, the website can be easily accessed by clicking on the icon from the home screen
- On an iPhone, visit www.fly2houston.com, then click on the sharing symbol, +Add to Home Screen, and then Add.
- On an Android phone, visit www.fly2houston.com, tap the menu button and tap Add to home screen.
- ecopark2 on Will Clayton Parkway at Bush offers the best parking value and operates a 24/7 shuttle service to and from the terminals. Take advantage of the 20 percent off coupon for both of the lots, while supplies last.
- Hobby’s Red Garage and the new Blue Garage are conveniently located within a short walk to the terminal and have a space guidance system showing a green light above available parking spaces.
- Print a parking map for easy reference at either Bush or Hobby.
- Be familiar with TSA Screening, and consider enrolling in TSA Pre√ to take advantage of the expedited security lanes. See TSA guidelines for traveling with children.
- Traveling internationally? Download Mobile Passport Control to save time upon re-entry.
The Day of Travel
- Search at Bush or Hobby to find flight-specific terminal and departure gate information. Three dining and three shopping options near the departure gate also will be displayed.
- Check current TSA wait times at Bush or Hobby. As a rule, plan to arrive two hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Check airport parking availability for Bush or Hobby.
- In a rush? Consider Valet Parking at Bush or Hobby! Valet parking is ALWAYS available, and located in each terminal garage at Bush and on the second (departures) level of Hobby's Red Garage.
- Plan where to eat. Search Dine options by location, and/or restaurant type, including kid-friendly, gluten-free and vegetarian, for Bush or Hobby. The ability to search by entrée cost ($, $$ or $$$) will be available beginning March 10th.
Before Flight Departure, at the Airport
- Make use of the wickedly fast Free Airport Wi-Fi! Just open a browser and click Connect. Unlike many airports, there are no ads to watch and no time limit.
- At Bush, nurseries are located in Terminal B—upstairs on the way to gates B85-88—and Terminal D—between the KLM Crown Lounge and the British Airways Lounge, opposite gates D8 and D9.
- Check for a Harmony in the Air live music performance, from classical to salsa to jazz, at Hobby or Bush.
- At Bush, take the kids on the Skyway, spanning all five terminals post-security. It takes less than 5 minutes each way. Skyway entrances are:
Terminal A near gate A1 in the connector between A South and A North
Terminal B before gate B76
Terminal C before gate C24
Terminals D&E in the connector between terminals D and E