Home » Disclaimers » Legal
Terms and Conditions
Houston Airport System ("HAS") provides the HAS Web site including the HAS Home Page and other HAS content (collectively, the "HAS Site") subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions below. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ACCESSING THE HAS SITE. BY ACCESSING THE HAS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE HAS SITE.
1. Rules. While visiting the HAS Site, you may also not: post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use the HAS Site in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the HAS Site or the Internet; post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component; upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through the HAS Site which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right, or derivative works with respect hereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder.
2. Monitoring. HAS has no obligation to monitor the HAS Site. However, you agree that HAS has the right to monitor the HAS Site electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the HAS Site properly, or to protect itself or its subscribers. HAS will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private electronic-mail message unless required by law. HAS reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this Agreement.
3. Privacy. HAS cannot ensure or guarantee privacy for HAS users. It is therefore recommended that this service not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any such use shall be at the sole risk of the user, and HAS and its affiliate and related companies shall be relieved of all liability in connection therewith.
4. Buying over the Internet. When making purchases or other transactions through the HAS Site or the Internet, you may also be asked by the Merchant or service provider to supply certain information, including credit card or other payment mechanisms. You agree that all information you provide any merchant or information or service provider through the HAS Site will be accurate and complete. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or other users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanisms at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You also will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes, if any, relating to purchases on the HAS Site. HAS is in no way responsible for any charges you or any user of your account incur when making purchases or other transactions in this manner.
5. Limitation of Liability. HAS takes no responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any claims or statements contained in the documents and related graphics on the HAS Site. Further, HAS makes no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained in software programs, documents and related graphics on the HAS Site for any purpose. All such software programs, documents and related graphics are provided without warranty of any kind. In no event shall HAS be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the service.
6. Recourse. If you are dissatisfied with the HAS Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of HAS in operating the HAS Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the HAS Site.
7. Confidential Information. You authorize HAS to collect from any party and to retain all relevant information relating to your use of the HAS Site, and you hereby authorize any party to provide us with such information. You understand and agree that unless you notify HAS to the contrary by e-mailing us, you further authorize HAS to disclose, on a confidential basis, to any party with whom HAS has business relations all relevant information relating to your dealings with us and the HAS Site.
8. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold HAS and its affiliate and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to any Violation of this Agreement by you or users of your account, or in connection with the use of the HAS Site or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the HAS Site or on the Internet by you or users of your account.
9. Trademarks. HAS and other names, logos and icons identifying HAS and HAS products and services referenced herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of HAS. All other product and/or brand or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
10. DISCLAIMER.THE SOFTWARE CONTAINED IN THIS ARCHIVE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS ASSUMED BY THE USER, AND IN NO EVENT WILL HAS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR DIRECT DAMAGES SUFFERED IN THE COURSE OF USING THE SOFTWARE IN THIS ARCHIVE. USE OF THE FREEWARE AND SHAREWARE PROGRAMS CONTAINED IN THIS ARCHIVE ARE GOVERNED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND MAY CONTAIN RESTRICTIONS ON USE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REQUIREMENT(S) TO PAY THE AUTHOR(S) A SPECIFIED AMOUNT AFTER A TRIAL PERIOD HAS ELAPSED.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, including any and all documents referenced herein, constitute the entire agreement between HAS and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof. HAS's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provisions or right. If any of the provisions contained in this Agreement be determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein.