» Ground Transportation
Visitors to Hobby Airport have a variety of transfer and transportation options available to them once they arrive in Houston. This includes taxis, limousines, SuperShuttle shared-ride, scheduled ground transportation shuttles, hotel/motel courtesy vans, and even public (METRO bus) transportation. Services can take you to your nearby or downtown hotel or wherever your local travel takes you to in the surrounding area. Shuttle service is even available to Galveston and the various cruise ship ports of embarkation.
Shuttle services are available at the curb side outside of the baggage claim area on the lower level.
Click on the below link to see current traffic conditions in Houston.
Courtesy vans are operated by the various hotels / motels in and around the airport. Use the courtesy telephones in the baggage claim area to request pick-up for most hotels / motels in the airport area.
Coutesy shuttles are also available for rental car companies and off-airport parking lots.
SuperShuttle now provides ground transportation services at George Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby airports.
SuperShuttle takes reservations and picks-up travelers at their homes or businesses and transports them to the airports and vice versa. Walk-up service is also available. Just visit the SuperShuttle booth located in the baggage claim area.
For reservations or for more information call 713-523-8888 or visit www.supershuttle.com.
• Rental Car Shuttles - Curb Zones 1A and 1B (closest to the terminal)
• Taxis - Lane 1 (closest to the terminal)
• Off-Airport Parking Shuttles - Curb Zone 8B an 9A
• Hotel/Motel Shuttles - Curb Zone 9B
• Cruise Ship Motor Coaches - Curb Zones 8A and 10
• Metro - Curb Zone 13
• Limousines - Curb Zone 12A
• SuperShuttle/Galveston Limousine Service/Groundshuttle.com/Clear Lake Shuttle - Curb Zone 12B
• Metro Bus - Curb Zone 13
Most shuttle services are available at the curb areas outside of the baggage claim area in the lower level. Check in the terminal for specific locations.
Taxis are available at Curb Zone 3 outside of the baggage claim area in the lower level.
All destinations within Houston's city limits to/from Hobby Airport are charged according to the flat Zone Rate or the meter rate, whichever is LESS.
- City ordinance authorizes the taxi driver to add an additional $1.25 departure fee to the total fare for meter rate only.
- Two or more passengers going to the same destination shall only be charged one fare.
- Late night surcharge is $1.00 per trip from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Senior citizens receive a 10% discount.
||Medical Center, Ellington Airport, Southeast Houston
||Heights, Greenway Plaza
||Galleria, North Loop
||Spring Branch, Town & Country
||Area of I-10 West, Highway 6
||Bush Intercontinental Airport, Greenspoint
||NASA, Space Center Houston
All rates are subject to change.
If you believe you have been overcharged or improperly treated, please send a copy of your receipt along with the cab company name, driver's name and ID number to:
7800 Airport Boulevard
Houston, TX 77061
Or contact the City of Houston's Revenue and Regulatory Affairs Division at:
Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO) Website
The Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO) offers bus service available at Curbzone 13 outside of the baggage claim area in the lower level.
Visit the Houston METRO website for specific route and schedule information.