Houston Wins Jackpot for New Flights
Houston Airport System
November 1, 2010
George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU) airports are celebrating a massive increase of new flights and routes that will be convenient for all Houston customers.
Beginning December 16, Continental Airlines will begin seasonal, non-stop service between IAH and Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC) that is scheduled to operate through Sunday, April 3, 2011.
Flights will operate daily except between January 4 and February 16, 2011, when the service will operate Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. United Airlines also has announced plans to begin non-stop flights from IAH to Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE), located in Aspen, Colorado.
The route, beginning January 4, is expected to remain in place until April 2, 2011.
Click here to view future new service announcements from Continental and United Airlines.
Singapore Airlines expanded service at IAH for the second time this year between Houston and Singapore.
From five flights per week between the two cities, the operation has been expanded to accommodate daily service, with flights arriving and departing Monday through Sunday.
The route, which offers passengers non-stop service to Moscow’s Domodedovo Airport (DME) with continuing service to Singapore’s Changi International Airport (SIN), will keep the daily schedule in place until at least March 26, 2011.
Emirates Airlines has also expanded its non-stop service connecting Houston and Dubai International Airport (DXB) by adding a second daily flight to its schedule.
The increase in service marks the second time the Dubai-based airline has launched a significant schedule expansion in Houston, since its arrival in December 2007.
Southwest Airlines Adds Additional Service at HOU in March 2011
Just in time for Spring Break, Southwest Airlines is adding two brand new routes and additional flights to four cities.
- Beginning on Sunday, March 13, 2011 Southwest introduces daily service to/from Hobby Airport and Greenville/Spartanburg (GSP) and Charleston (CHS) in South Carolina.
- Flights to Greenville/Spartanburg depart HOU at 1:25 p.m. and arrive at 4:35 p.m. The return flight departs GSP at 1:55 p.m., arriving to HOU at 3:35 p.m.
- Flights depart Hobby daily at 11:00 a.m. to Charleston, arriving 2:20 p.m. The return flight departs CHS at 10:30 a.m., arriving to HOU at 12:25 p.m.
Beginning Saturday, March 12, 2011, Southwest will increase the frequency of flights to:
- Baltimore, Maryland (BWI) will increase by one flight daily to four daily flights
- Las Vegas, Nevada (LAS) will increase by one flight daily to five daily flights
- Orlando, Florida (MCO) will increase by one flight daily to five daily flights
- San Antonio, Texas (SAT) will increase by one flight daily to six daily flights
Copyright © 2010 - Houston Airport System